Follow us, following Him.

"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it." ...Well, why don't you ask Him?... "Because I'm afraid He would ask me the same question."


Friday, January 17, 2014

Miracles still happen

My last trip to Haiti left me with one word for several reasons... Miracle.

Ben wasn't suppose to be on this trip, but God made it very clear, through a series of events that he should go... Miracle.



Everyone on our team was either physically, emotionally or spiritually attacked by the devil and had a legitimate reason to stay home.  We didn't... Miracle.





The most life changing of events that took place during our trip was also a miracle.  We arrived at stop #26 in Cite Soliel to deliver water to the people there and they came running, desperate for it.  Skinny street, many people, too many buckets to count, people upset because there wasn't even a chance they were going to get water before the truck ran out.


I was holding the water hose, Ben and Tim were handling the buckets.  At one point I looked down the line and saw what seemed to be an infinite number of buckets.  Sadness overflowed my heart.  There wasn't any way we could provide what they needed that day, not even water.


The Bible story about Jesus feeding the 5000 came to my mind... Lord you provided then, provide now.  I trust you.


Then the water "ran out", or so I thought.  We looked up and the water truck workers had turned the water off because there were no more buckets left to fill.  WHAT???  We left stop #26 with water still in the truck.  A miracle...

No comments:

Post a Comment