Follow us, following Him.

"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it." ...Well, why don't you ask Him?... "Because I'm afraid He would ask me the same question."


Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Follow me

"Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” Mark 8:34-35
 I am reading the book Follow Me by David Platt.  Another one of those books that rocks me to my core.
But what does follow me really mean?
~Every moment of every day.
~Death to pride
~Death to ego
~Completely aware of His presence.
~Not a spectator.
~Not a consumer.
~Denial of earthly pleasures.
~Willing to follow, to the deep dark places.
~Give up my family?
~Death to self.
~Surrendering everything.
~Refusing to settle for anything less than the best for Him.

How Lord?


It took me 37 years to find my passion. My first mission trip to Haiti was almost 2 years ago and I cannot even fathom my life without Haiti now.  

I wake up thinking about it.  
Throughout the day I sing songs in creole.
I go to sleep praying for the people there.  So many have touched my heart and if it wasnt for the stirring of His spirit to go, my life would be completely different.  

Follow me... through which door?



Open doors for us, Lord.  (and close them as you see fit).

I will take up my cross each day, knowing that it looks different each day to do that, and trust you to be my guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment