Follow us, following Him.

"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it." ...Well, why don't you ask Him?... "Because I'm afraid He would ask me the same question."


Friday, April 5, 2013

God has blessed me

I irritate myself.  I get so caught up in my life and all the stuff around me that I forget about how much He has blessed me.  I take for granted the little things.  I say little, but I really mean big. 
Today it's about my stove.  I hate cleaning the stove.  I whine and cry about it and it still doesn't get clean.  So lame.  It hit me today when I was looking at the front of the stove and how dirty it is.  Yucko.  I thought, why don't I take care of the things He has given me?  Why?  I have a stove!  It's lovely.  And dirty.  I have a dirty stove. 
A haitian stove.
I wrestle with the balance.  I am happy I have things and I think because I have them I should be taking care of them, but then the other part says to spend time with family.  Don't worry about things like the dirty stove. 

Balance.  Thankfulness.  Blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment