Follow us, following Him.

"Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it." ...Well, why don't you ask Him?... "Because I'm afraid He would ask me the same question."


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

while i'm waiting

So, I was sitting on my deck today thinking about being obedient to God and He spoke to me...

This morning I filled the birdfeeder and I hadn't done so in awhile.  I went outside at lunchtime to work on my bible study and was watching the little chickadees eating at the feeder.  God told me to put a handful of feed in my hand and they would eat.  Normally I would second guess my "thoughts" from God and think it was just me, but this time I didn't.  Then I waited. 

Five minutes later they were eating out of the palm of my hand...












 What is God trying to teach me from this?  Listen, first of all.  Secondly, He expects me to obey in the little things and when He trusts me with the little He will trust me with much. (Luke 16:10).  He cares about  feeding the chickadees. His eye is on the chickadee and I know He watches me.  (Matthew 10:31).

He speaks in so many different ways.  His prompting to feed the birds was like my prompting to go to Haiti.  Others don't even feel prompted at all to do or try anything like that, but it doesn't mean He is not going to bless if you step out of that comfort zone.  It's the still small voices that can rock your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment